Frequently Asked Questions About Scorpions
What are scorpions?
Scorpions are one of those pests that are often treated with caution due to the potential for a painful sting with serious symptoms. These pests are typically seen outside of homes and businesses around Cookeville and Crossville, Tennessee, and they are troublesome to deal with, as no property owner wants to attempt to get rid of scorpions alone.
Signs that you may be dealing with a scorpion infestation include:
- Sightings of scorpions around your property, such as near piles of debris, crevices and cracks, or in other shaded and dark spaces.
- You notice scorpions active at nighttime, as they are nocturnal creatures, and this is when they look for food.
- You see scorpion tracks or droppings that look like small dark pellets around your property.
- When using a blacklight to search, you may see a glow that comes from hiding scorpion bodies.
Contact Midstate Termite & Pest Control upon noticing these signs to receive reliable scorpion control.
Are scorpions dangerous?
Scorpions are notorious for their ability to sting, and a scorpion’s sting is similar to that of a bee or wasp. Symptoms resulting from a scorpion sting generally include swelling, pain, itching, and redness. However, some people may have more severe allergic reactions depending on the species of scorpion that delivered the sting and any pre-existing allergies. Individuals that experience difficulty breathing, swallowing, or intense pain after a scorpion sting should seek medical treatment immediately.
Why do I have a scorpion problem?
Scorpion problems typically occur when this pest is attracted to food, moisture, or sheltering spaces around your property. A plethora of debris piles, cracks and crevices, and overgrown foliage to hide in attracts scorpions, as do damp or moisture-ridden areas and an infestation of pest prey.
Where will I find scorpions?
Scorpions are most commonly found outside of properties, as they prefer to hide by themselves around rocks, the cracks in pavements, around the foundation of properties, and near overgrown grasses or foliage. If they do infiltrate interior spaces, they are most likely to be seen in cabinets, attics, basements, or other dark and secluded areas.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this residential pest control FAQ and that our pest control products FAQ has informed you about our services. We’re the team to turn to for all your pest control needs, so contact us today to get started.
He always sweeps off the bugs above windows first which we appreciate. Also changes the lizard catchers in the garage after he goes around the house.- Mary Z.
We've been very happy with the service that Midstate has provided. Our technician, Ethan, is always punctual, courteous, professional, conscientious, helpful and extremely competent. Also he gives helpful suggestions and answers all of our questions.- Steve N.
Jacob always does an excellent job. Takes the time he needs to to make sure the customer is happy.- Cheryl H.
I appreciate it very much when service technicians take the time to explain what they are doing.- Darlene L.
He always greets us with kindness and checks to see how things are going and if there is a problem he always takes care of us. Thank you so much Jonathan for your hard work!- Christina R.
We have had great service from Midstate - our technician goes the extra step to ensure everything is done well and answers all of our questions.- Julie S.
Mike does an excellent job - always so friendly and courteous! Really appreciate his service!- Cheryl G.
Ben is wonderful so I ask for him to service my home. He goes beyond in taking care of my house and around. He’s very friendly and knowledgeable about bugs, insects, plants, animals and loves bats.- Sandi V.
How can I prevent scorpions in the future?
Prevent future scorpion problems by following our expert tips to eradicate these pests from your property:
- Clear outdoor areas of debris piles, overgrown foliage, piles of wood, and long grasses to remove scorpion hiding spots.
- Fill in cracks and gaps around your property’s windows, doors, foundation, and pavement to reduce scorpion hiding spots.
- Ensure window and door screens are in place, along with weather stripping to keep scorpions outside.
- Minimize scorpion pest prey infestations with the help of Midstate Termite & Pest Control.
- Fix moisture issues and leaks that lead to damp or humid conditions around your property.
Contact Midstate Termite & Pest Control today for more scorpion control advice or assistance.