Scorpion Identification & Prevention
Get A Free Initial Inspection Today!
Get started with a free, no obligation initial inspection.
Frequently Asked Questions About Scorpions
What are scorpions?
Scorpions are one of those pests that are often treated with caution due to the potential for a painful sting with serious symptoms. These pests are typically seen outside of homes and businesses around Cookeville and Crossville, Tennessee, and they are troublesome to deal with, as no property owner wants to attempt to get rid of scorpions alone.
Signs that you may be dealing with a scorpion infestation include:
- Sightings of scorpions around your property, such as near piles of debris, crevices and cracks, or in other shaded and dark spaces.
- You notice scorpions active at nighttime, as they are nocturnal creatures, and this is when they look for food.
- You see scorpion tracks or droppings that look like small dark pellets around your property.
- When using a blacklight to search, you may see a glow that comes from hiding scorpion bodies.
Contact Midstate Termite & Pest Control upon noticing these signs to receive reliable scorpion control.
Are scorpions dangerous?
Scorpions are notorious for their ability to sting, and a scorpion’s sting is similar to that of a bee or wasp. Symptoms resulting from a scorpion sting generally include swelling, pain, itching, and redness. However, some people may have more severe allergic reactions depending on the species of scorpion that delivered the sting and any pre-existing allergies. Individuals that experience difficulty breathing, swallowing, or intense pain after a scorpion sting should seek medical treatment immediately.
Why do I have a scorpion problem?
Scorpion problems typically occur when this pest is attracted to food, moisture, or sheltering spaces around your property. A plethora of debris piles, cracks and crevices, and overgrown foliage to hide in attracts scorpions, as do damp or moisture-ridden areas and an infestation of pest prey.
Where will I find scorpions?
Scorpions are most commonly found outside of properties, as they prefer to hide by themselves around rocks, the cracks in pavements, around the foundation of properties, and near overgrown grasses or foliage. If they do infiltrate interior spaces, they are most likely to be seen in cabinets, attics, basements, or other dark and secluded areas.
How do I get rid of scorpions?
If you notice all different kinds of scorpions around your property, contact Midstate Termite & Pest Control right away. Dangerous scorpions present serious health and safety risks to you and your loved ones, and dealing with this pest alone might exposure you to greater harm. Our experienced team knows all about scorpions and how to identify, treat, and prevent this pest, and we can ensure your property will be free from these pests with our customized scorpion treatment plans.
Call us today to learn more about scorpion and home pest control or to get started protecting your Cookeville or Crossville, TN, property from these pests.
How can I prevent scorpions in the future?
Prevent future scorpion problems by following our expert tips to eradicate these pests from your property:
- Clear outdoor areas of debris piles, overgrown foliage, piles of wood, and long grasses to remove scorpion hiding spots.
- Fill in cracks and gaps around your property’s windows, doors, foundation, and pavement to reduce scorpion hiding spots.
- Ensure window and door screens are in place, along with weather stripping to keep scorpions outside.
- Minimize scorpion pest prey infestations with the help of Midstate Termite & Pest Control.
- Fix moisture issues and leaks that lead to damp or humid conditions around your property.
Contact Midstate Termite & Pest Control today for more scorpion control advice or assistance.
Let's Get Started
Get An Initial Inspection Today!
Our certified pest experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs. Simply fill out this form for a free initial inspection.
Latest Blog Articles
Effective Scorpion Control: Proven Strategies For Getting Rid Of Scorpions On Crossville Properties
Are you struggling with scorpions around or inside your home? Today, trained pest control professionals have various treatment options available.
Conquering Pantry Pests: Tips And Techniques For A Bug-Free Kitchen In Cookeville
Don't bake bugs into your brownies. Call us for pantry pest control that you can count in Cookeville.
Tick Talk: Effective Prevention And Control Strategies For Your Crossville Property
Get ready to conquer tick troubles. Explore Crossville's top tick prevention and control strategies in our latest guide.