Wasp Extermination by Midstate Termite & Pest Control Inc.
Wasps are one of the most beneficial types of insects besides bees. But that doesn’t mean they can’t cause serious damage to your home and harm to your family if your encounter a nest on your property. If you’ve identified a wasp nest on your commercial or residential property, it is best to let an expert handle it. The highly trained and experienced pest control technicians at Midstate Termite and Pest Control Inc. have helped home, and business owners throughout Cookeville, TN, and the surrounding community manage wasp infestations with safe and effective wasp removal services. Learn more about wasps below, and then contact our team to schedule a removal.
Common Signs of a Wasp Infestation
There are a variety of wasp types and nearly all of them nest. As a home or business owner, it’s important to identify the common signs that a colony of wasps has taken up residence on your property. Wasps are able to find small entryways into your home, around exterior water spouts, creases in your home’s siding, and gaps between window and door trim. If you think your home may have a wasp infestation, inspect the exterior of your home for the following:
- Swarming – Most wasp species nest in colonies. If you have a nest in or around your home, you will see numerous wasps entering and exiting the nest location.
- Buzzing – When you’ve identified the location of a colony, you may notice a buzzing sound. Nest colonies can grow to include thousands of wasps, and collectively their buzzing can become extremely loud.
- Nest – Identifying a nest on your property is the most obvious sign of a wasp infestation. However, nests can sometimes be tucked away and hidden behind siding or underneath decks, so even if you don’t see a nest, you still may have an infestation if your notice swarming or buzzing sound.
What Problems Do Wasps Cause?
Many wasp species are pollinators, which is an important part of the earth’s ecosystem. However, wasps are not a protected species, and we can treat wasps that have intruded on your property. Homeowners throughout Cookeville, Tennessee, enjoy spending time outdoors with their friends and family during the spring and summer months. When wasps invade your home or office, they can pose a significant threat to your occupants, causing property damage and injury, and in some cases even death.
- Nests – Oftentimes, wasps will build nests in tight spaces above ceilings, in rafters, and under decks. When the nest gets wet, it can lead to moisture in your home and eventual mold growth.
- Chew Through Wood – Wasps can be destructive, and certain wasp species will even chew through the interior and exterior wood, causing substantial damage to your home.
- Stinging – Wasps are incredibly territorial and will sting anyone they consider a threat to their nest. In many cases, this is an unexpected family member enjoying some outdoor space. Unlike bees, wasps can sting their victim multiple times.
- Allergic Reaction – Wasp stingers contain venom. This poisonous substance causes an allergic reaction in many, which can cause significant pain and irritation. In some situations, a wasp sting can even lead to death. Unlike bees, wasps can sting their victim multiple times and release a pheromone to attract other wasps to attack.
How Can I Prevent Wasps from Nesting On My Property?
Wasps begin building their nest in the spring and continue throughout the entire summer. The nest is made from the paper pulp of old trees, plants, wooden fences, and even cardboard. The worker wasps mix the wood material with its saliva to allow it to be workable. The work wasps work tirelessly to increase the size of the nest each day. Normally, the nest will reach maximum size in the autumn. To prevent wasps from nesting on your property, property owners should:
- Seal Garbage Cans
- Avoid Leaving Food Outside
- Cover Holes in the Ground
- Seal Entryways Around your Home
- Install Decoy Nests
Comprehensive Wasp Removal Services
When you choose Midstate Termite & Pest Control Inc. for your wasp removal services, you can count on our knowledgeable and trained technicians to provide comprehensive removal. Our team has the right equipment and experience to handle any size nest. We follow a comprehensive removal process that guarantees results. When our team meets with you, we will investigate the suspected area of nesting and utilize effective products to eliminate wasps in a safe manner. The technicians at Midstate Termite & Pest Control Inc. have access to solutions that are safe for pets and children. Contact our team today to get started.