Scorpion Control Services in Cookeville, TN
Scorpions get a bad reputation for their vicious sting. There are close to 70 species of scorpions throughout the entire United States, and they have been found as far northeast as Baltimore, MD and as far northwest as western Canada. A scorpion’s sting is very similar to that of a wasp or bee; the overall damage mostly depends on the victim’s allergic reaction to the venom. Most stings result in swelling, itching and redness, all which commonly go away within 24 hours for those without allergies. Midstate Termite and Pest Control provides professional scorpion control services in Cookeville and Crossville, TN. Our locally owned and operated pest control company has killed hundreds of thousands of scorpions since 1953. Contact us for a free scorpion inspection today!
Signs of Scorpion Infestation
Scorpions don’t usually make their homes inside, but they sometimes make their way into your home. The most common signs of a scorpion infestation include:
- Glowing – A scorpion’s exoskeleton makes it glow. You can use a black light to search areas for their glowing bodies.
- Hiding – Scorpions love to hide in dark places since they’re sensitive to the sun. Check behind appliances, in dark spaces, under your covers, and in your shoes.
- Nighttime – You’ll see scorpions walking across your walls or floors at night looking for food. They’re nocturnal, so you shouldn’t see them much in the daytime.
- Hiding – Sensitive to the sun, scorpions typically hide in dark enclosed spaces like closets, behind appliances, and even in your shoes.
- Glowing – If you suspect that you have scorpions, you can use a black light to scan the area for their fluorescent bodies.
- Debris – Scorpions love piles of mulch, firewood, stone, and trash. Always wear gloves if you’re moving these items.
Recommendations For Scorpion Extermination
When you notice scorpions in your home, contact our pest control services for assistance and advice. We’ll inspect your home and property to address what is needed to do to fix your scorpion problem. We’ll create a customized treatment plan that may include:
- Inspections – We’ll inspect your home to ensure scorpions are not being moved inside the home in firewood or boxes on accident
- Services & Recommendations – We’ll make recommendations and provide services based on our findings. Common services include making efforts to reduce the conditions that attract scorpions and a pest treatment for areas where scorpions are usually found.
- Sanitation – It’s important to remove debris like piles of wood, rocks, fallen trees, potted plants, and outdoor furniture where scorpions love to hide.
- Lawns – You should keep your lawn mowed and move plants more than two feet away from your foundation.
- Exclusion – We will recommend exclusion measures to help prevent scorpions from getting inside your home.
- Chemicals – Scorpions live in well-protected places, so it’s common to use chemical applications that are targeted to these specific sites. We have the experience and knowledge to know which products best treat the problem.
Contact Us For A Free Scorpion Inspection
We’re proud to provide a 100% guaranteed service for scorpion control in Cookeville and Crossville, TN. At Midstate Termite and Pest Control, we understand the nuisance of pests in your home. A scorpion’s sting is painful and a hassle. Our trained scorpion control experts will look for conditions that are perfect for a scorpion’s breeding ground. We’ll provide you with a 45-point inspection report on our findings. Since 1953, we’ve helped thousands of satisfied customers rid of pests. Contact us today to schedule your free scorpion inspection.